Thursday, June 23, 2011

America's Got Talent - Landau Eugene Murphy Jr.


Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. is a 36 year old Car Detailer, who has been for about 10 years and aspiring singer. This was the final clip of the show America's Got Talent, and probably was for good reason. I was very happy I caught this part, as it was quite an emotional one for me and many others!

Landau came on, stood in front of the judges chewing gum and acting really weird. I say that because he was giggling, quite awkwardly, I guess from nervousness, and it seemed like he was going to make an absolute fool of himself! By watching the show pretty often, I think I have a knack for knowing when someone's about to mortify themselves.  He clearly was a Howie Mandel fan and even did a 'mini' impression of him. After that first impression of gum chewing, Piers said that that wasn't a particularly good idea, after which he removed it, then shoved it into his pocket as if nothing at all had happened. Sharon, noticeably disturbed with all of that, then told him to begin the act.

When Landau began to sing, the entire audience, as well as myself, was just flabbergasted! Where in the hell did that voice come from? I guess that's the reason why you should never underestimate people because we ALL have special gifts/talents and are genius at something! This man sang "Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra and blew the world away! His voice was like Sinatra himself and you can tell that this was his dream. By the end of the performance, the audience couldn't sit down! The standing ovation seemed to last for an eternity and Landau, the judges, as well as the audience were all in tears. The only thing that kept me from crying, which I usually end up doing, was the sheer and utter disbelief at what I just heard. He had said that his dream was to sing and boy did he! Howie told him that after that, his life will not be the same and the overflow of emotion was simply beautiful!

Here's the video:



Sometimes, like Mark Cuban, Owner of the Dallas Mavericks says, "it doesn't matter how many times you fail. It's about continuing to try until that ONE time you get it right and everyone says how lucky you are. Well Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. was real lucky last night! People say "lucky", but I call it "blessed"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Sue Views