Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bone Thugs & Harmony





Bone Thugs & Harmony, a group that I have known and loved since I was about 14 years old. This is a hub that I wrote over on http://hubpages.com/hub/Bone-Thugs-Harmony but I thought it should be added to my blog.  
A hip-hop/rap group, originally consisting of five members, Krayzie Bone, Layzie Bone, Bizzy Bone, Wish and Flesh. All from Cleveland, Ohio, they signed with Ruthless Records under the late Eazy-E of NWA in 1994. Their first official album being 'Creepin' on a Come Up'. Songs such as Thuggish Ruggish Bone and Foe da Love of $ featured on this album.
Their harmonious and individual styles mesh together so well and their hardcore "leatherface" lyrics that are so rhythmic seem to penetrate the soul for the ultimate music experience.  I believe that even people that dislike rap music would agree that this group is one set of talented guys! The way they flow through verses is mesmerizing and leaves you to wonder how they could possibly make a song about violence, Armageddon, warfare on one hand, then peace, love and the crossroads on the other, sound so beautiful!
They released their second album, East 1999 Eternal in 1995. This was the album that got me hooked! The Crossroads, my favourites, 1st of Tha Month, Land of Tha Heartless and Mo Murder all featured on this album, selling more than four million copies in the United States and more than ten million world-wide. The album was released for months after Eazy-E's death. Even music critics could not argue that their melodic style of rap was genius and earned positive reviews.
Over the years since, they have released numerous new albums both within the group and launched their own solo careers. They remain my favourite rap group to this day and I'm pretty sure that I know the lyrics of more than 50% of their songs. Shockingly, it has surfaced that Krayzie left the group last month. The others believe that it was because of a feud with Bizzy Bone but we all know that no matter what, they made lovely, harmonious music together for a very long time and saw many hardships to get where they all are today. Whatever path he chooses beyond this, I'm confident will be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Sue Views